The saints of every religion of the world have described violence, cruelty as sins, needless hurt and infliction of pain on other living beings is sinful, they told all of us that never to kill any living beings, he also taught them that it is a sin to harm a man or an animal.
Today, doctors and scientists from every corner of the world are warning that flesh -foods induce incurable diseases and shorten the life span, whereas vegetarian foods yield more nutrition and enhance the body’s immunity to fight diseases, promoting health,
The nature has provided us innumerable vegetable products for human consumption
There are many advantages of being a vegetarian,
1. More energy- Meals that consist of vegetables and fruits stabilize your blood sugar, which will help you have more energy. The vegetables and fruits will give you a more consistent energy level, so you will not have that fatigue feeling that people normally get after meals.
2. Weight loss- Quitting meat and dairy products will help you with weight loss. By simply becoming a vegetarian and changing nothing else you will lose a little weight and eventually get back to your natural weight.
3. If you eat simple food. Milk and fruits it helps to make concentration.
4. Health- Vitamins are crucial for your health and adding more fruits and vegetables means more vitamins. Also, by removing meats you are adding less toxins and hormones to your body that are not wanted. Your immune system will also improve.
5. Bone longevity- An average woman at the age of 65 suffers 35% bone loss. A vegetarian woman at 65 suffers only 18% bone loss. The reason for this is non-vegetarians get 150% more protein than needed each day.
6. Avoid heart disease- Diets full of saturated fats and cholesterol from meats and dairy products have been connected to cardiovascular disease. The average meat-based diet has a 50% change of dying from heart disease. If that person cuts out meat the chance of dying from a heart disease decreases by 15%, and falls to 4% if they also cut out dairy products.
The advantages of becoming a vegetarian are many and. Knowing the 7 advantages of being a vegetarian the only thing left for you to decide is if you want to become one or not.
Vegetarian food is easy to digest
Stacks of studies confirm that a diet full of fresh fruits and vegetables and grains is your best bet for living a longer, healthier and more enjoyable life. There are literally hundreds of great reasons to switch to a plant-based diet;
A vegetarian is someone who does not consume any types of meat or seafood. Some also avoid eating dairy products and eggs. The most often-cited benefit of becoming a vegetarian is better health, but people who choose to forgo meat may do so for other advantageous reasons.
1. Vegetarians can list a number of reasons for their lifestyle choice, including better health, animal rights, ecological concerns, discovery of interesting and flavorful vegetables and grains, and more. Most begin a vegetarian diet for health reasons or ethical concerns and then discover other advantages as they continue on the path.
2. A large amount of scientific study indicates that a vegetarian diet of whole grains, beans, vegetables, fruits, nuts and seeds, along with regular exercise, is associated with lower blood pressure and lower blood cholesterol, less heart disease, less obesity, and fewer incidences of stroke, diabetes, osteoporosis, diverticulitis, gallstones, rheumatoid arthritis, renal disease, cancer and dementia. The health benefits occur due to lower consumption of cholesterol, saturated fat and animal protein, as well as higher intakes of complex carbohydrates and essential vitamins and minerals. There also typically is increased fiber intake, as animal products, provide no fiber at all.
3. High-quality protein from beans and legumes is much less expensive than protein derived from meat. However, a problem can arise because vegetarians typically are interested in health or become more interested in healthy options as they pursue the lifestyle, leading them to prefer fresh, organic and natural food, which is more expensive as a rule than standard commercial and processed items. The health benefits can be considered a huge economic advantage as well.
4. It’s common for people to become vegetarians because they are uncomfortable with the idea of killing animals for food,. People who continue to eat meat, even while the moral issues bother they are forced to look the other way or feel some degree of guilt, while vegetarians often become involved in animal rights organizations to further the cause of more humane treatment.
The Followings are the few points which will give the advantages of being vegetarian,
You’ll live a lot longer.
Vegetarians live about seven years longer, and vegans (who eat no animal products) about 15 years longer than meat eaters, people who eat the least amount of fat and animal products have the lowest risks of cancer, heart attack and other chronic degenerative diseases.
You’ll save your heart. Cardiovascular disease is still the
Cholesterol levels for vegetarians are 14 percent lower than meat eaters.
You’ll reduce your risk of cancer.
Vegetarians’ immune systems are more effective in killing off tumor cells than meat eaters’. Studies have also found a plant based diet helps protect against prostate, colon and skin cancers.
You’ll fit into your old jeans.
On average, vegetarians are slimmer than meat eaters, and when we diet, we keep the weight off up to seven years longer. That’s because diets that are higher in vegetable proteins are much lower in fat and calories than the non-vegetarian foods. Vegetarians are also less likely to fall victim to weight-related disorders like heart disease, stroke and diabetes.
You’ll give your body a spring cleaning.
Giving up meat helps purge the body of toxins (pesticides, environmental pollutants, preservatives) that overload our systems and cause illness. When people begin formal detoxification programs, their first step is to replace meats and dairy products with fruits and vegetables and juices.
Your bones will last longer.
The average bone loss for a vegetarian woman at age 65 is 18 percent; for non-vegetarian women, it’s double that. Researchers attribute this to the consumption of excess protein. Excess protein interferes with the absorption and retention of calcium and actually prompts the body to excrete calcium, laying the ground for the brittle bone disease osteoporosis. Animal proteins, including milk, make the blood acidic, and to balance that condition, the body pulls calcium from bones. So rather than rely on milk for calcium, vegetarians turn to dark green leafy vegetables, such as broccoli and legumes, which, calorie for calorie, are superior sources.
You’ll avoid toxic chemicals.
The EPA estimates that nearly 95 per cent of pesticide residue in our diet comes from meat, fish and dairy products. Fish, in particular, contain carcinogens (PCBs, DDT) and heavy metals (mercury, arsenic; lead, cadmium) that cannot be removed through cooking or freezing. Meat and dairy products are also laced with steroids and hormones.
You’ll protect yourself from foodborne illnesses.
According to the Center for Science in the Public Interest in the US, which has stringent food standards, 25 percent of all chicken sold in the United States carries salmonella bacteria and, the CDC estimates, 70 percent to 90 percent of chickens contain the bacteria campy-lobacter (some strains of which are antibiotic-resistan t), approximately 5 percent of cows carry the lethal strain of E. coli O157:H7 (which causes virulent diseases and death), and 30 percent of pigs slaughtered each year for food are infected with toxoplasmosis (caused by parasites).
You may get rid of your back problems.
Back pain appears to begin, not in the back, but in the arteries. The degeneration of the discs, for instance, which leads to nerves being pinched, starts with the arteries leading to the back. Eating a plant-based diet keeps these arteries clear of cholesterol- causing blockages to help maintain a healthy back.
You’ll be more ‘regular.’
Eating a lot of vegetables necessarily means consuming fiber, which pushes waste out of the body. Meat contains no fiber. Studies done at Harvard and Brigham Women’s Hospital found that people who ate a high-fiber diet had a 42 percent lower risk of diverticulitis. People who eat lower on the food chain also tend to have fewer incidences of constipation, hemorrhoids and spastic colon.
You’ll cool those hot flashes.
Plants, grains and legumes contain phytoestrogens that are believed to balance fluctuating hormones, so vegetarian women tend to go through menopause with fewer complaints of sleep problems, hot flashes, fatigue, mood swings, weight gain, depression and a diminished sex drive.
You’ll provide a great role model for your kids.
If you set a good example and feed your children good food, chances are they’ll live a longer and healthier life. You’re also providing a market for vegetarian products and making it more likely that they’ll be available for the children.
Going vegetarian is easy!
Vegetarian cooking has never been so simple. We live in a country that has been vegetarian by default. Our traditional dishes are loaded with the goodness of vegetarian food. Switching over it very simple indeed.